Sunday, November 10, 2013

A Quick Finish from a Scrap of Velour

I found this scrap of velour and immediately saw a soft, cozy scarf!   It was a simple finish of sewing down the one side, matching the pattern of course, and then adding a fancy trim to the ends.  This fabric drapes so easily, is a good, heavy weight so won't go flying around when wearing and will match my coat!!

Chica was checking out the new scarf!

Works in Progress

I am currently working on "Peace House" from La-D-Da.    I'm not overly thrilled with the color of the called for linen.  As you can see from the photo it is a little dark and the cross stitch isn't popping like I would prefer.  I may complete as is - or start over on a light piece of linen.  Love the design though!

Cross Stitch Ready to be Finished

I completed the cross stitch for "Ghoul Tidings" from Plum Street Samplers (in the Halloween 2013 Magazine) - I just haven't figured out an appropriate finish.  If I frame it I'll want a primitive looking frame, but am also thinking of a three dimensional box or flat fold that I could add black beads around the outside.  For now - this will go in my "to be finished" box.

This is another finish "to be finished" - Lizzie Kate Flip It October F31.  I used most of the called for Sampler threads.  I'm thinking a box finish!

I'm back!!

I finally have a few minutes to post some of the recent items I've finished.  This summer I completed the below project bag.  I made it from upholstery book samples along with a heavy plastic front.

It is the perfect size to hold a magazine, pattern and thread.  And the zipper closure keeps dust and the cats out!